I have just now finished Jurassic Park, the novel by Michael Crichton, and fully enjoyed the book. The theory that Crichton introduces about the actual rendering of the dinosaur DNA from the blood of insects trapped in amber was extravagant yet believable, and had me hooked from the very beginning. The action-packed plot kept me turning page after page in anticipation of what was going to happen next. Crichton makes you feel as though you are right there with the characters and provides gruesome details about their encounters with the dinosaurs.
Looking back, I especially liked how Crichton chose to begin the novel, with a series of stories concerning lizard-like animal attacks reported in Central America. This seems to build the tension of the novel and has the reader actively working to figure out the “mystery” of the attacks.
The ending, however, left me wondering what happens after Isla Nublar is destroyed by the Costa Rican government. Knowing that there is a sequel to Jurassic Park, I can’t help but speculate how there could possibly be another novel. Does InGen take their experimentations elsewhere and try again? Did some trace of life survive on Isla Nublar? I can’t wait to read the sequel to find out how Michael Crichton chooses to continue the thrilling story.

No comments:
Post a Comment